Cold Weather Shelter at Trinity UMC
Cold Weather Shelter for Families and Women Approved
A Cold Weather Shelter (CWS) for families and women up to 50 people has been approved to operate at Trinity United Methodist Church. This program will provide overnight shelter, case management services, meals and other services. All beds will be reserved, i.e., filled by referrals. The program is funded by Santa Clara County, Supervisor Joe Simitian has been instrumental in leading the effort to provide County support and funding of additional services for the homeless in the northern part of Santa Clara County.
Hope's Corner is pleased to collaborate with the many organizations and agencies that are working together to make this happen, Hope's Corner will be adjusting some of its operations to accommodate the shelter, specifically setting up for the Hope's Corner Saturday breakfast and the use of the shower facilities.
Although approved to operate from November 27, 2017 until March 31, 2018, the opening date for the CWS is still to be determined, based on completion of required fire safety improvements at the site.
For more information, see the links below:
- Santa Clara County Office of Supportive Housing
- HomeFirst (Shelter operator)
- HomeFirst information for volunteer opportunities
- Cold Weather Shelter Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Winter Shelter at Trinity UMC: CWSP Operational Plan (11/16/17)
- Schedule of Community Meetings Regarding the Winter Shelter
- Contact Information for the Winter Shelter at Trinity UMC: FY 17-18